Friday, November 7, 2008

word in from africa....


well, no matter where you sit on the political lines this year...and boy oh boy

were there lines this time...

i got this interesting email from my nephew (who is serving an LDS mission in Africa)

here is the reaction from that part of the world to our new president.


"Paragraph from Michael's e-mail today:Anyways, yes Congo Kinshasa is having problems, in the east, miles away from any church stuff, so no direct problems. Its not affecting anything here or in "little Congo." I'll tell you what is affecting here though. The election. You would not believe how crazy everyone went when Obama became "president of the world." This is definitely a very historical event, and I am really excited. People here are partying like crazy. Its hilarious, its a good thing, because as of now, everybody absolutely loves Americans. People I don't know just come up to me and shake my hand and say thank you and congratulations. It is kind of nice. People here were crying with joy, I don't know how big of a deal this whole thing is back home, but its definitely a touching event here."


2 comments:

The Johnson's said...

Wow, that is so interesting, it makes you stop and think.

Heidi said...

All I can say is that Obama rocks!