Sunday, November 2, 2008

vote


you know what?

it is absolutely fabulous that my 15 yr old son is a free thinker.


not only is he smart and good looking! (LOL)

but he has a valid and thoughtful opinion that he can back

up with thoughts and ideas that make sense to HIM.


(and to me)


we have had some really great "political" discussions over

the past week or so....

he has made ME think and i love that.


he has some really great insight into the "hot button"

topics this year....i don't even know if we always see

EYE TO EYE on every issue ....


but i absolutely LOVE IT that he has thought about all

these issues.


i LOVE IT that he has his own opinions,

formed in his very smart mind.


he gives me FAITH in the future of our country.

he gives me HOPE that the world will still be OK

when we pass "it" onto this next generation.


him and his friends are GREAT great kids....


hope is NOT lost when i look into his eyes

and hear HIS thoughts

and know that the youth of today

are basically GOOD.


every person counts...even my 15 yr old son!



3 comments:

Kassie said...

I am so happy to hear that Josh is "thinking"! As I also have a good looking (lol) 14 yr old with very strong opinions who is "thinking" for himself I also have the same hope for the future!!

Laura said...

It's because they have parents that don't dumb down conversations with them and support the fact they have their own opinions! Good job!

Heidi said...

It is so cool that the kids are paying attention the politics this year! Makes me so happy!