Saturday, February 25, 2012

take three

Island put together--first coat of primer...
after deglossing, sanding, filling, etc.


 Primer coat again


 one more view


 Last look...


 One coat of paint now.  We were going to go black on the
island but decided with the rich wood floors we really wanted
it to POP, and went with our creamy white. 


 Paint coat


And again.

Progress is going faster now.  At least is it much more
visible...for a while it was just deglossing, sanding, priming
and painting cabinet faces--so not much to update with
pictures.  The end of this is much more interesting to see.

Freshly painted cabinet doors arrive Tuesday--will photograph
before and after pic's as well as door and drawers with their
new knobs and pulls.  

Still to do?  Paint crown molding (it came with cabinets too!)
New back door and garage door--they are REALLY
starting to look bad against all the new clean paint.

Trim, counter tops, subway back splash, the counters
tiles are still on the slow boat from Italy.

...and about 1 million OTHER
little finishing touches.

4 comments:

Keely said...

WOW!! I absolutely LOVE that you made the island with old cabinets....GENIUS!! I think it somehow gives it such a warm, sentimental touch (okay....I know I'm sappy).

It's coming along beautifully.

Amelia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amelia said...

There is something very rewarding about taking something and making something better out of it. It took me three years to finish my girls' room because there were a lot of those kinds of projects. Now whenever I go in there, it feels good because I know that I created so much of what is there. I didn't just go to the store and buy it all. No one on the earth has a valance or a lamp just like ours! Now I've started on the boys' room and I'm praying (for my sanity's sake) that it doesn't take three years to finish!

Libbi said...

it is so fanatabulous! thanks for sharing.