Thursday, February 2, 2012

kitchen update....there's a hole in the bucket dear liza, dear liza

Well the HOLE is in my living room,
and my kitchen.  Here is why we missed dinner
group on Saturday night~


 Living room side of wall before removal 

 the only remaining chunk of my kitchen ...but hey! I 
still can do dishes and have a dishwasher that runs.


 This is what my living room looks like now.  UGH!


 Even UGLIER and older linoleum floors under the ugly and old
floors that were there.  LOVE the stripes!!

 Kitchen view of wall before removal (looking into Living Room)


 Tearing up linoleum and subfloors


 It's a fun job--thank goodness I have Kyle to do it!


 Looking towards the stairs--Living Room wall to be
removed is on the right side of picture.


 Just more messes.


 Preparing to say "good-bye"


 Pictures down, food table moving


 Say "good bye" wall.


 Ah, my manly man--he rips into walls!



 One picture from the living room side.


 Don't even ASK how much dust and dirt this made! :(


 Everyone helping.... actually I'm taking pictures
and Puddy is eating.  That's all she ever does...Eat.



 Wall down, 2x4 braces up so the house doesn't cave it.
(It WAS a load bearing wall he took down after all.)

 Looking from kitchen through to Living Room, new hole.


 Getting ready to put the beam in to hold up our house.



And it's DONE!  

Now for mudding, taping, priming, painting, texturing, trimming, flooring...

Well, lots more to do.

With the help of Kyle, myself and his parents we had the
house cleaned up in something like 2 1/2 hours--the next
day the dust had settled again and it looked like we
hadn't done ANYTHING.  This week Kyle laid
new subfloor, finished lots of loose ends and will lay
NEW HARDWOOD FLOORS THIS WEEKEND!!!

Can I get a HALLELUJAH????  (the subfloor
is giving us splinters when we walk on it!)

A little closer...to being done.

And we're loving the hole!

5 comments:

janae said...

HALLELUJAH! I can't even wait to see this when it is all done. It is going to look so good!! I love the hole too.

Laura said...

I fully support the destruction and removal of all walls and insertion of holes...

6deans said...

I am so excited for you guys. You are going to LOVE how open it will be. I definitely need to come and see it when you are all done. Yeah for talented husbands...they sure can save us a lot of $$$ :)

Anonymous said...

Good day very cool website!! Guy .. Excellent .. Wonderful .. I'll bookmark your website and take the feeds additionallyกKI am happy to find a lot of useful info here within the post, we want develop more strategies on this regard, thank you for sharing. . . . . .
Cardone 33-2100M Remanufactured Import Smog Pump

Anonymous said...

I'm still learning from you, but I'm improving myself. I definitely enjoy reading all that is posted on your blog.Keep the information coming. I enjoyed it!
Scarpa Women's Kailash GTX Lady Hiking Boot