Tuesday, February 7, 2012

92

In a perfect world my children would always
be/do/say/act like I want them to.


However, we don't live in a perfect world, 
and in any case I have to scratch my original
statement anyway.  I don't think I would want
my children to be/do/say/act like "I want" 
them to all the time.  Right? Right!


In reality it is THEIR life.  Theirs to live
and choose and fall and get up again.  I am 
here to love and support and be here for them.


If I'm doing my job right, I am here.  Not
dictating.


(Ok this is sounding WAY too 
serious for my post).


Speaking of choices (were we speaking 
of choices?) my 18 year old son informed 
me that:


a) he is 18 and can do whatever he wants 
(true that brother!)


b) was going to the W.W.E. when it came to SLC
with all his homies.  (wrestling for those
of you who don't know...)
(sounds like a dream day to me...not!)


c) and FAILED to inform me (us) that it was ON
SUNDAY(!!) until about the week before.  (or I
can fault myself for not checking into things
more thoroughly).


d) he went.


We were awful & mean parents and made him go
to sacrament meeting before he went off to 
break the Sabbath day.  




Balance in all things, right?


Ironically halfway through Primary Kyle came
into the room with his phone.

From Josh:  "Got a ticket on the way here!"

Along with a picture of the fight.


From Kyle:  "Well that's what you get for
going on a Sunday!"


From Josh:  "Well I was blessed for getting
a ticket on Sunday since I was going 92 
(NINETY FREAKING TWO!!!) on the freeway in 
a 65 zone and the cop only wrote me 
up at 10 over (75)."


Yup, nice policeman.


He said to the boys (I am imagining him with 
a hand on his gun belt, a swagger in his walk,
him chewing on a piece of straw in his mouth
and a southern drawl for some reason): 
too many movies right?  straw, seriously?


"In a hurry fellas?"


I'll say.




And in case you're wondering....and I KNOW
you are...he's paying the ticket. 
  




No comments: