Wednesday, September 28, 2011

a little kick of kung pao



(picture taken 4 years ago)




Happy Birthday to my Lizzie girl.


12 years old today.


In our Chinese Smorgasbord of life, 
she is the Kung Pao Chicken
that adds spice to our ham fried rice.


She is the child that continually makes
me stretch and grow inside of my mothers skin.


Giving me pause, pushing me to new limits.
Causing me to reflect inward.


She teaches me love and patience and I marvel
at her as she progresses through this, lifes
journey.

She has a great capacity to love and a heart
that excels in a gift to give.  Of herself, 
to others.


She is learning who SHE is.


Kind, nurturing, lover of friends and other people.


Smart, goal oriented, task finisher, project
starter, creator and creative (both), strong willed,
feisty, opinionated, thorough, studious.


Sewer, artist, dancer, teacher, friend.


Happy 12th my Lizzie girl.  Thanks for adding
your Kung Pao kick to this house.


Love,
Mom

2 comments:

samandbrodi said...

Happy Birthday to the awesome Lizzie! Seriously, she is fabulous as are all of the Nielson kids.

Anonymous said...

thanks Brodi