Wednesday, September 14, 2011

hormones





Note to self:  3 girly daughters = a lot of hormones.


And hormones overflow, they leak, they spill, 
they emote, they ooze, they simply exist in 
the air in my home.


In large quantities.


Daily.


During these moments I need to remember the happy 
times.


However much it FEELS LIKE, in these moments, that
there never were, never are and never will be
any happy times.


There are.


See?  That picture is living proof that during
brief and fleeting moments together (together
being the key word)we DO STILL SMILE!


A wise mother of a friend recently told me.

"Oh yes! I remember when my girls were teenagers...

you have until they are about 18 until they love 
you again."


Seriously?


Super.  


Olivia is only 8....so let's do the math here.


3 girls, waiting until they each reach the age of 18--

Well, I have a LOOOOOOONNNNNGGGG time to go.


Dear Lord, give me strength.
Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you should check out my blog it is lizascrazylife.blogspot.com this is eliza by the way

nielsons*love*family said...

thanks lizzie -- i ALWAYS check out your blog! love, mom