Sunday, May 8, 2011

mothers day

I scored BOTH a diet coke AND sugar
IN CHURCH (in CHURCH!) today, really...
could my day get any better?


The men all sang a song in sacrament
with lyrics that went along the lines
of mothers being "like sunshine in the
morning" and "bluebirds singing in the
sun"...yup--pretty sure my children
always think of "sunshine" and "singing
bluebirds" when they think of me.
(ahem) 


Also, there was a talk given in 
Sacrament Meeting themed "How My 
Mother Is Like Jesus."


Fortunately, it was not one of 
MY CHILDREN giving it because 
after making the comparison
that "both my mom and Jesus had/have
shoulder length brown hair" the similarities
would end.


However "unsunshiney" and "Christ like"
I may be to my own kids...I still have 
to say that my greatest joys in this 
life have come from being a mom.


And I know I have some good qualities,
apart from having hair like Jesus, and
things I am teaching my children, that
hopefully they are learning and will
take from me to use in their lives.


I would not trade any of it (well, ALMOST
any of it) for ANYTHING!



I LOVE being a Mom.



No comments: