Sunday, May 8, 2011

And last, but certainly not least...Volleyball




















This is Josh's 3rd season playing High
School (club) Volleyball with Olympus High.


Kyle was thrilled to be able to help coach this year.


In years past, Olympus hasn't always had the "best"
team in the valley.  THIS year they seeded 2nd!!


They had some phenomenal players and played some 
super FUN, fast paced games.


My favorite comment of the season was their first
game against Brighton High (who traditionally has
a VERY GOOD volleyball team).


Brighton walked into the gym to play and said (so
that enough of Olympus players and parents could
hear), "Oh its just Olympus. They suck!  This is
gonna be easy!"


Olympus then swept Brighton in a two game blowout!


It has been fun to watch them match up again during 
the season, and Olympus has been a force to be reckoned
with.


I am SO disappointed in my pictures!  Even though I have
a great camera, Volleyball is SUCH a fast paced sport I
need a lens that costs about $1000 to have enough light
and enough speed to capture all the action.


Until then, I caught what I could. (and wept in disgust 
when I looked through the 100's and 100's I took.  ARGH!)


It has been so fun to watch Josh do something he is 
GREAT at.  And loves to do.
He plays middle blocker and can really jump.


He practiced and played all while studying for his
TWO AP tests (History and Calculus) and doing lots
of homework.


Tests completed.  Results in July.  Hopefully passed.


Volleyball down to the last week of playoffs!


GO OLY!

No comments: