Saturday, January 1, 2011

wrap it up

good bye 2010
hello 2011

we have metaphorically moved
ahead one step bridging
last year to this.  not much
has really changed other than i now
date my checks with 2011 at the end now.
(yup still use 'em sometimes
--how old fashioned am i?)

all years seem to come with
a mix of good and bad.  some years
seem to have a little more of the
bad sprinkled in, while others have a
glorious dosing of good.
(man i LOVE those years!)

2010 was no exception.  it seemed
to teeter a bit closer to the
higher mix of good (than bad) for
our little crew.  i'm almost
afraid to type that--does that mean
2011 will teeter precariously close
to the "more bad" line?  i guess
it's all how you look at it, right?

in no particular order some highlights
from our year that made it great.

1. Kyle got a  job, a real "holy crap he got a job" job.  A job he LOVES (did i mention LOVES?) loves, loves.  He loves the things he does, the people he works with and its proximity to home.  seriously, how can you beat a 2 minute commute each day?  And did i mention he LOVES it?

2. Trips to both East and West Coasts.  West
was cloudy and gray, but we were together.
East was an adventure with the big kids-a joy
and treasure I will hold in my heart FOREVER!

3. Days spent with family and friends, doing
family and friend things. (Soccer games, swimming, eating, movies, playing, TV reality shows, lunches, etc)

4. Watching my kids learn and grow and make
(mostly) good choices. 

5.  Watching Kyle pass a kidney stone. Seriously he keeps saying it was "pretty bad" but I think he has already forgetten the "pain of labor" so to speak.   (hands and knees buddy crawling into the Dr's office, weeping
and gnashing of teeth in abundance--lest thou
forgeteth it)

6.  Learning new recipes, desserts and main
courses.  Seriously cooking is my happy place.

7. I read my fair share of books and photographed my fair share of pictures--loved
doing both.

8.  Kids grades were kept high (ish), friends at my house ate a fair share of the above mentioned recipes (thank goodness) and boisterous laughter was heard on many occassions from the basement.


9.  I know I am forgetting many things-overall
2010 was a pretty great year.

Here's to 2011...new adventures for the Road.

 me & biggies in NYC
 kyle and the girls in california
the "fam"


Happy 2011 Everyone!

No comments: