Monday, January 10, 2011

happy anniversary and possibly the end of the world as we know it

Happy Anniversary to Kyle & Dor!!!



20 years.
Holy Crap!
(are we getting old!??!!)

I'm going to have to say I'm not a super gushy romantic person.  Some people are.  I probably should be
more, but then again neither is my husband.  I wish I could say we were jetting off for some great romantic week (or weekend).  But we're not.  I wish I could say life has gone EXACTLY as I thought it would all those years ago when we said "I DO".  But it hasn't.  What I can say is that I have a friend who's still with me.  One who listens to me cry and weep and gnash my teeth.  One who has stood by me through thick and thin, even when it hasn't be easy.  Even when it seemed like it would be easier just to NOT stand (by me.)  I have a man who has been faithful and true.  One who has tried, and failed, and tried again.  I have someone who actually DOES do kitchen floors and fold laundry.  One who loves his kids and is an integral part of their lives.  So that makes me blessed.

So today rather than gushing anymore about "my man" I am going to leave you with a possibly prophetic warning:


IT MAY BE the end of the world as you know it. 

TODAY.

WHY? you ask.  No, not because it is our 20th anniversary.  The reason is because of our "tall son" Josh.  We went down to wake him up this morning at 6:30 a.m. and he was ALREADY AWAKE!  I repeat, already awake!  For the first time in recorded history he had gotten himself out of bed and was getting
ready for school without parental intervention.  Stop the presses!  Stop your engines!  Stop breathing!

SO WE ARE warning you, if you need to repent, if you must confess some wrong doing, you may want
to find a priest*bishop*clergy now.  My son has roused himself from sleep and gotten out of bed by
himself.  Will wonders NEVER cease?

THIS IS a moment of historic proportion, OR the end of the world as we know it. We are still
trying to decide which.

Happy Anniversary, Or possibly Happy Last Day of the World.

Either way, ENJOY.

PS.  For our anniversary celebration, I am hoping to follow him to NYC for a long weekend
to celebrate my marital bliss.  It may or may not happen.  I have 4 kids that need caring for.
And not a long list of volunteers begging to watch them for a few days.
But I would like to immerse myself in the joy and giddiness and wackiness
of the streets and mayham of Gotham.  Sample its fine cuisine.  Walk its dirty (yet endearing) streets.
Ride its enchanting subway.  People watch.  Feel the warm Central Park sun on my face.
Hang out with my new friend Randy Fenoli (oh all right, he is Graces new friend).
Sounds like a fun way to celebrate to me.  Black and White cookies all around--

5 comments:

6deans said...

20 years...that is AWESOME.

samandbrodi said...

Wahoo. Pretty amazing that you have put up with Kyle all of those years.

You guys are great together and we love the Nielson family.

Brodi Ashton said...

Happy Anniversary!

nielsons*love*family said...

thanks guys! and sam, i KNOW--crazy huh? (he NEVER "has to" put up w/me!) ;O)

Amelia said...

I hope you had a happy anniversary. I'm guessing you didn't get your wish?