Sunday, August 30, 2009

Ode to the man...

this man...



As with any marriage and family, there are good times and bad times, and everything in between times. (and anyone else who says it's all good times is either lying or on some seriously good drugs-which i need to get ahold of.)

my blog post today is dedicated to the father of my children, and my husband...kyle.

since he lost his job 6 weeks ago, he has tirelessly worked at something EVERY.SINGLE.DAY for those 6 weeks. the pay wasn't always the best, and the jobs were sometimes worse than the pay--but he has done them and never EVER complained once.

not even once.

not while roofing on his knees in 90+ degree heat, not while sucking the poop out of porta-potties, not while doing every odd job known to man, he has not complained.

he has gotten up, and gone to "work" (albeit not a regular job, work none the less).

he has been a model of endurance, and perseverance, and "continuing on"...day after day while the going has been tough.

he has tried, oh so hard, to keep his chin up, when the only way it "should be" falling, is down.

he has reached out of his comfort zone and tried new things.

even while i lay crumpled in a snot nosed heap on my bed on a very dark day (for the WHOLE day, the first in my life spent in such a spot) gnashing my teeth and wailing, he quietly let me gnash and wail. did offer neither comfort nor advice-but rather let me be, and feel, and work it out. (which i did- and while it didn't accomplish a darn thing, i needed the "moment".)

and still, he loved me. EVEN during the "worst" part of better and worse.

Winston Churchill said..."Continuous effort-not strength or intelligence-is the key to unlocking our potential."

if there is ANY ONE PERSON that i know who is the definition of "conintuous effort", it would be THIS MAN.

thank you for being the "THE MAN." This is my ode to you.



8 comments:

Heather said...

kyle sounds like an amazing, hard working man, husband and father. and you are the most deserving of such a great guy...cause i think you're pretty great too!

praying for you and hoping brighter days are so close.

Laura said...

So glad you wrote this...Kyle deserves miles of props for all that he does! He is a superhusband who fixes the toilet and then cleans it! And the hardest working unemployed person I've ever met.... Kudos to Kyle!

Stephie said...

xoxoxoxo!!!

6deans said...

What a SWEET post. You are LUCKY to have such a great husband :)

janae said...

He is a great man!!! I hope he gets his amazing job soon:)

Kassie said...

I do hope you make Kyle read this... and if he does...Kyle you are on my list of heroes... and poop scoopin isnt the worst thing in the world!!

Tricia said...

what an AWESOME post! Major props to your great husband!!!

Kyle said...

Thanks to my awesome wife. Your words mean sooo much. I know this too will pass. Better days ahead I can feel it.