Saturday, August 15, 2009

are you a nerd like ME?

I admit it!
I am a nerd...
I am a nerd in so many ways,
that i won't bore you here.
Even B.J.L. (before.job.loss), i was a nerd.
my kids know i will only buy something,
"if it's on sale"
But now ESPECIALLY A.J.L. (after.job.loss)
I am a HUGER nerd (pretty sure HUGER is
not a word! LOL)
I have taken couponing to a whole new level.
with a little help from my friend.
I have done any and all free things i can find to do.
My latest "FREE" thing i am sharing with anyone
else who wants to be included in nerd status with me.
At our local library (and possibly ALL SLC libraries?)
they are having the readers choice voting/reading going on.
What does this mean for you?
Well, for every 5 books you read (and vote on)
you get ONE FREE BOOK of your choice!
Not only am i a nerd, but i love to read too (or
is the avid reading part of what makes me a nerd?
kinda like which came first, chicken/egg thing.
anyway, back to the library (i love the smell, the whispering people, the shelves full of books, i love the one time my kids changed my cell phone ring to the theme from "ROCKY" and my phone went of at full volume there too)
there are probably about 20 "people's choice" books, right at the front when you walk in.
I figure i can get myself 4 free books by October
(which is when i think this ends)
all nerds, head off to the library, i am halfway
to my first free book.
By the way, the book selection you can choose from is awesome, hard back, paperback, cool new books, cooler older books. I keep drooling on it.
See, i told you i was a nerd!

No comments: