Friday, August 7, 2009

castaway



Tom Hanks: " I knew I was never gonna get off of that island. I was gonna die there, totally alone. I was gonna get sick, or get injured or something.



I had power over *nothing*. And that's when this feeling came over me like a warm blanket. I knew, somehow, that I had to stay alive. Somehow. I had to keep breathing. Even though there was no reason to hope. And all my logic said that I would never see this place again. So that's what I did.



I stayed alive. I kept breathing.




And one day my logic was proven all wrong because the tide came in, and gave me a sail.




And now, here I am. I'm back. In Memphis, talking to you. I have ice in my glass...



And I know what I have to do now. I gotta keep breathing. Because tomorrow the sun will rise.



Who knows what the tide could bring in?"








I LOVE that quote from the movie CASTAWAY. I feel like this today....I feel like even though we are now 3 weeks into this, we have not had one job interview, there are no good leads, or anything at the moment.





BUT, we have to keep getting up, hoping, and breathing, because tomorrow the sun WILL rise,

and who knows what the tide could bring in?





Maybe, just maybe, tomorrow it will be the "sail".




and along the way, when I pause to quit despairing (which seems to come in waves along with hope and peace) and I open my eyes, I feel overwhelmed to the point of over-flowing at how much WE HAVE been blessed.





we still have food on our table, we still have money in the bank, odd jobs keep flowing in daily for Kyle to complete, and so we keep moving forward.







waiting for that day when OUR sail will come in.

No comments: