Monday, August 17, 2009

A Late-Summers Night Dream....

Under the lights in the back yard...
we do a little star gazing and tickling...






Grace Vs. Lizzie








We made this really great cake, from SCRATCH (cake, filling, frosting-take
that Betty Crocker!)--it COMPLETELY fell apart, but was the BEST
chocolate cake...EVER! so who cares HOW it looked?





I have been collecting my "happy chairs" for about 3 years now.
Every year Home Depot gets another fun color and I add to
my collection...my FAVORITE part is when I sit out front
and people walking by stop and chat for a while.
Makes me HAPPY!







LAST, but certainly NOT least... Bompie lost another tooth.
She got tired of waiting for it to fall out and yanked that puppy
out ALL BY HERSELF! She has more guts than me, the whole
thing makes me a little squeamish. I am a wimp, I know!
Happy Last Week of Summer, what a GREAT ONE it has been!


P.S. notice my STUNNING photo as the new header??
huh? do ya? do ya?
I took that picture on my crappy point and shoot camera in California--
I dream of the day when I have a REALLY great camera, in the meantime--
I love to take pictures, crappy camera and all! :O)



5 comments:

Stephie said...

I love your happy chairs!

Laura said...

Enjoy these fading moments, they'll be gone soooo fast. Then it's back to school, and work for the rest of us!

nielsons*love*family said...

today i would take school (for the kids--i may have to duct tape them all together today!) and work (for kyle), but in the meantime, we will keep enjoying!

6deans said...

Love your pictures. It is fun to see what keeps you guys busy. I love your "happy Chairs" someday we will have to stroll by and talk to you while you are on your lawn. Happy last few days of summer...I can't believe Olivia will be in 1st grade...that is CRAZY :)

Heather said...

i love you happy chairs! i need to start collecting "happy things". and congrats to brave bompie! the picture on blog header is fabulous. ya know i have a canon rebel that i don't use much cause it's so over my head. i am truly in love with my 8 year old olympus point and shoot. i think it takes great pics!