Monday, July 20, 2009

we interrupt our regularly scheduled program for a brief service announcement....

upon returning from possibly our greatest, most relaxing, vacation as a family.

which we never would have taken had we had a tiny glimpse into the future. Ever...

money is too precious of a commadity for us at the moment.


my husband called with the devastating news that he had lost his job.


we are both shocked, and numb, and did i mention shocked?


there was no foreshadowing. there was no warning. there was no time to prepare.


it has been a day of many tears. (which in my case leads to migraines and lots of vomiting...TMI?)


so we ask, any who read this, to pray, if that's what you believe.

to light a candle, if that's what you believe.

to send some good, "working" vibes our way, if that is what you believe.


at some point, i will continue with "life is a beach, parts 3 through 8", until then....


word of mouth and prayers are appreciated.

kyle has already had one, very real, offer to help josh's best friends dad (you got that, right?) scoop poop. (he owns a very sucessful porta-potty business...and hey! someone has to do it)

nothing is beneath keeping food on the table and our home.


Please, just keep the Kyle & Dorien Nielson's in your prayers....


Thanks to all those who have called to express love, for really, that is the greatest blessing in itself--to know we are loved when the chips are down.

And if anyone has any extra coupons, send them our way...my frugality will now be tested and taken to a whole NEW level!






4 comments:

Keely said...

Dorien, I can't even believe this. I was so excited that you had taken a wonderful - and much deserved family vacation. I was - and will be looking forward to the rest of the pictures from your trip when you are feeling up to it.
Until then, I will definiately keep your family in my prayers.
Sometimes the biggest blessings come in the strangest ways...

xoxoxoxo
Keely
:)

Stephie said...

Dorien I am sick for you! If there is anything I can do please let me know! My new favorite website is www.pinchingyourpennies.com I have learned so much from there and as a Utah shopper it has the best lists. I use their shopping lists each week. Plus they have a great trading forum. Just this week I traded my 1 Gymbuck for $100 in beer rebates. I have saved all my grocery reciepts for 3 months and I already bought what is needed for almost all of them. Who needs new clothes when your family needs to eat. KWIM? I will also ask Brandon if FedEx Express is hiring. I know out at the airport they used to always be hiring. It only starts at about $12/hour but they have shifts 24 hours a day so it could be an extra job. We'll be praying big time here!

janae said...

You are definitely in our prayers!!! I am so sorry:(

Heather said...

lots of prayers! please keep us updated. i'm sorry.