Thursday, July 2, 2009

page turner....





I sighed as June leapt past us, and quickly turned into July.


One month down...and how speedily it marched on by.


Now on to sparklers, fireworks, beaches, and apple pie.


God Bless America, parades, baseball, and sand castles.


I feel myself inhaling and exhaling and watching my little ones grow big.


Not so much left in the little catagory anymore.


AC/DC, EFY and CTR...all in the same breath.


Coming and going quickly, sometimes TOO.


I want to pause and grab them, the kids, my children and soak them up.


As I watch the summer rays soak the lingering drops of rain.


And yet another day melts into another...


Turning and passing by.


I am not sure what the end of the story will be,


so I keep turning the pages and watching the story unfold each day.


I find myself wallowing knee deep in the joys of mothering this summer.


It is a good time to be a mom.


6 comments:

Keely said...

I love that Dorien. You have such a beautiful way with words.

Rigby Fam said...

DIDO...

Kyle said...

Love love this post. Thanks for expressing how I also feel, but could never put in words.

6deans said...

Loved your post. I too am really realizing this summer how grown up our kids are getting. I used to be able to plan so much stuff and they always wanted to go and be with me...this summer is different they really want to spend more time with friends. I guess that is just part of growing up...I will just cherish the times I get to spend with them. I can't believe how close your beach trip is...I bet you are getting SOOOO excited :)

JGEM said...

This is one of my favorite posts. Very beautiful

Libbi said...

LOVE IT!