Thursday, July 23, 2009

and back to plasma....



i guess this is mostly for my journal keeping, or myself (deep breaths and letting it all out).

or my parents to "check up" on us everyday...

or just because i like to hear myself type....

or to document our way through unemployment...

the plan for today: donate plasma!

this week kyle can make $80 (more grocery or gas money). if i had the nerve, i could add $80 to that (i may just have to "suck it up" as josh would say!) i sort of have this fear of really big needles, and plasma needles are of the extra HUGE variety. i feel dizzy just typing that.

anyway, my point is OBVIOUSLY we are not making the same amount of money as when kyle was gettting a paycheck. BUT there are little ways out there, if you just look, to bring in SOME cash.

the thing is, SOME is better than NONE.

he's off to get his plasma sucked.

sidenote: often kyle and i talked about a ("hopefully it would never happen to us") day when he could loose a job. he ALWAYS said over and over, "i would do ANYTHING i had to while i was looking for a job to help support my family!"

good to his word, he has! i am grateful that is one promise he has been willing to keep.

without complaint.

another blessing.

2 comments:

stephanie h said...

Prayers, Dorien. I have a husband with the same mentality, and we are so lucky to have them. I do hope things get better asap.

stacy said...

You will survive Dorien!! You two are a great team.. hang in there. We are praying for you!