Wednesday, July 8, 2009

i should have stayed away from Google this morning....

I shouldn't have touched the button. I should have just left well enough alone. But my fingers were itchy and I just HAD TO press "enter" on my keyboard.

We sent Josh on a little adventure this week...

We could blame it on Cy Holt for making the call.

OR we could blame it on Wayne and Libbi(minus Libbi), who were ALREADY driving to California this week for ANOTHER reason.

But the call was made, the Nelson's van was heading south and so the adventure was decided upon.

This year Cy and Josh (well mostly Cy and a few other friends, Josh just got invited along for the ride, and a good ride it was to be invited along for) decided to do the EFY (Especially for Youth) in Southern California (University of California at Santa Barbara to be exact) INSTEAD OF the BYU campus.

I mean really, was it ever even a choice?

Kyle just happened to have a cousin driving there, so the boys could be dropped off (no airfare) and we just happened to be coming down to get them at the end of the week (the start of OUR vacation...which if you do the math right tells you Josh gets TWO FULL WEEKS in California!)

The bags were packed, best wishes were bestowed, Josh made his obligatory phone call upon his arrival in Southern Cal.

I was glad he was alive and well, and somehow after hearing words like "perfect", "75 degress", and "walking on the beach", my mind went into a funk.

This morning I was awake bright and early, checking emails (mostly junk), ebay sales(two--yippee!), and facebook updates (one from josh, still alive!) when I decided I needed to google the campus where Josh and company were staying all week.


So I bravely went into a "google" image search...and found the Santa Barbara campus.

It is pictured below.

Folks, I have one thing to say...

Next year, I AM going to EFY in Santa Barbara. Do you think it's too late to apply as a dorm mother? a speaker? the lunch lady?

I think that one week nestled against the blue skies and ocean waves are calling me.


4 comments:

Libbi said...

I think OUR boys are having a good time!

Mrs. Poff said...

I am wondering if there is an EFY for 10 month olds and 2 year olds...if so sign my boys up...lets just say they were a bit on the crabby side today....

Laura said...

I am an educator - I can educate in the EFY sort of way - They must need me down there in lovely So. Cal....
At least you get to go pick him up...we'll just stay here where the temps are going up!

6deans said...

Are you kidding me...what a gorgeous campus. I definately think I want Rachel to go to that campus...especially if it is the same price. Yahoo...only "1" more day until your own beach vacay...HOW EXCITING :)