Monday, July 6, 2009

Ode to Wipers...


In preparation for our long drive to California, the car went to visit Dee. If you DON'T know Dee, and have a car...well, lets just say you need to make his acquaintance.
In the world of engines, combines, turbines, water pumps and wheels, he is da bomb!
He worked on fixing the creaks, rattles and jiggles (and fixed a busted water pump as well). My seemingly ancient*(see footnote), and well loved, mini (as in VAN, and not COOPER) is now in working order.

With one SMALL exception (which caused me to kick my car mightily, curse and re-break my toe ...ok, none of that is true except the extra broken car part!)

The thing is, my windshield wipers have ceased to function properly. Oh sure, they are such a small thing you say, just 2 little ole wipers resting quietly on the front of my car.

BUT they are such a big thing too--think of all the dead bugs they must remove, all the rain they must slosh away, and the snowflakes they must push. (hopefully snow will not be encountered on this trip, I'm just sayin'!)

They are central to a survival plan should emergencies arise on the long drive. One must be able to peer from one's own window without distraction. (Certainly more than enough distractions will be coming from INSIDE the car....3 kids, long drive...you get the picture)

So one more thing on my list of things to do...fix the wipers!

Off to my backyard to pluck some more bills off of the money tree...didn't know we had one did you?? (And don't any of my neighbors come looking for it either...you need "magic glasses" just to see it!)

*ancient: term used to describe mini vans made before the day of auto slide doors and standard issue dvd players. Thus causing mine to fall into this catagory.

I guess in my hurry to get to the tree, I have forgotten to "ODE" my wipers....

hmmmmm, one must stick with what one knows...

$*!&*$#)($&* wipers!

there you have it...my ode to wipers!


No comments: