Friday, October 14, 2011

there is a reason i don't work in the medical field

I am working THREE part time jobs right now.


Unfortunately NONE of them is making me rich.


Darn it. 


1. I nanny for two orthopedic surgeons.  (who
are rich!) One week of the month, I pick up 
their daughter from daycare, bring her home 
and play with her.  Until they are done cutting
people open.  Then they come and get her.


2. I still "Ebay".  This supports the dressing of
my children and a yearly family vacation.


3. I am working part time on a "scanning project"
at Kyle's clinic.   They are finally going "high
tech" (online medical records).  I get to make
sure ALL the documents are electronically where
they should be.




After looking at record after record after record,
I realized that seeing things like "stool sample",
"toenail fungus sample", "wound pus sample", and
the literal inside view of someones colon is too
much for me.


It makes me gag.  And this is only READING about
it.


Can you imagine how awful it would be if I actually
HAD TO touch, gather, or LOOK at (heaven forbid)
ANY of those things?


Thank goodness for Doctors and thank GOODNESS I am
not one.  Or a nurse.  Or an MA.  Or a receptionist
in a clinic.  


I think my gag reflex is calling me...


Stool samples.  Seriously?  I even had to call
Kyle to, er, ask how one went about doing that.


The "gathering" of a sample.


He explained the process to me and actually had
the gall to add "oh and it's so much NICER than
it used to be."


After he told me, I went and threw up.


Again I say, seriously? 


SERIOUSLY??? (In my best yelling voice!)


There is a reason I don't do this for a living.

2 comments:

6deans said...

Hey you forgot about your other part job...Primary President :) I love your pictures of the fall leaves...stunning :)

nielsons*love*family said...

dang emily! i forgot---KIDDING! (how could i with that program tomorrow and all)