Friday, April 29, 2011

seriously, life is not fair



This is Grace.

She is my eldest daughter.

She is 14.

I am pretty sure it is NOT FAIR
that she looks like this at 14.

Not sure it's fair that her, and her
cousins, just "threw on" some of her dresses
on Easter Sunday and bounded over to the
elementary school (in barefeet and 40 degree
weather none the less) and "just took" 
these pictures. No making up, no hair do-ing,
they just went and did it.)

When I was 14, I had braces and buck teeth
and freckles and well, was just plain ugly.

I had to do my hair and make up for pictures
and I am pretty sure they STILL looked bad.

OH WAIT!  She has braces too.

That should make me feel better, right?

Don't we ALL have to go through that
"ugly awkward holy cow I can't believe
I EVER looked like that stage?"

Apparently not ALL of us do...

sigh.

Seriously, Life.Is.Not.Fair.

I know the world thinks that 
blond is the color to be...

...not me!  I have a serious thing
for brunettes and redheads.

No offense if you're a blond! 

2 comments:

Heather said...

Wow! Grace is beautiful! And I sure didn't look like that at 14...er um or ever. ha-ha!

Unknown said...

i'm with you heather.... should we lock her up and throw away the key?