Monday, November 30, 2009

you are a POOHEAD sometimes....

For Family Home Evening last week, at Olivia's bidding, we all passed around paper hearts with our names on them. The point was to write something nice about each person in our family as the heart passed us by. (you know, in order to be "grateful" for the people in our family)


MY heart (the one with my name on it) came back to me with:

"you are a POOHEAD sometimes" ... written on it.



It was anybody's guess who had written that to me. (however, it only took ONE guess to isolate the individual).

One of my OTHER children, who felt so badly that someone had been "so mean" to me, grabbed a pen and for the rest of time left wrote little things all over the rest of my heart,

like:

"you are the BEST mom I ever had!" (not shocking really, i mean considering all the other mothers she has had!)



"you are not REALLY a poohead mom!" (well said!)



"you're so so so so so nice mom" (my thoughts EXACTLY!)


"I would never have a different mom ever mom!" (aw shucks! and I would never want you to!)


well, you get the picture.

The fact of the matter is: I AM a poohead sometimes. Especially lately when it feels like the weight of the world is getting heavier upon my shoulders with every passing day. Somedays it drops me to my knees. (thus, turning me into above mentioned "poohead".)


Fortunately, thus far, I have always seemed to find a way back up to continue forward.


So, Dear (Nameless Child): I am sorry that your mom is a PooHead sometimes. Thanks for loving me anyway! Mom

Thank you (with gratitude in my heart) for my little family, and those friends and extended family, who help make my life bearable when I am being a poohead.

And if I've been a PooHead to YOU lately...please forgive me....apparently I am one sometimes!



No comments: