Wednesday, December 2, 2009

JOY!





























Josh had his first basketball game yesterday. The boys have to wear "shirts and ties" to school on game days. Josh took great care in dressing himself...I personally am not sure I want to claim I had anything to do with his outfit. (which I did not)
He is self-assured to say the least.
There is great JOY! in watching your children perform at something they love. They are going to be a fun to watch for the next 3 months.
The Sophomore's won hands down, they managed to avert one minor pushing incident that was headed to a fight, and played some great ball. What a FABULOUS team this is...if they play all the way through Senior Year...watch out! They are a force to be reckoned with.
On a side note: I had 4 of the boys from the team in my kitchen a few weeks back (they had stopped by for some Mac-n-Cheese). I am not exactly a midget (I stand right around 5'8" on a good day) But standing in my kitchen next to 4 boys (the "shortest" right at about 6'2" and the others hoovering at 6'4" and 6'5") I cannot tell you how SMALL I felt.
This group of boys is SUCH a fabulous group! (And NOT just in talent, I mean as boys growing into men as well! Just super great kids!)
It will be fun to watch them for the next few years!
GO OLYMPUS!
POST EDIT: it is at times like this (taking "sport" pictures i would give my eye teeth for
a camera WITHOUT shutter delay...but alas they are out of my price range --which happens
to be $0 dollars anyway--so excuse my "blurry action shots!) By the time the shutter
snaps, everyone has already moved! I had Cynthia Williams to thank last year
for great pictures since our boys played on the same team--this year we will PRETEND
I have great pictures! LOL~ anyone have a great camera I can borrow for a game?






1 comment:

6deans said...

You are welcome to borrow our camera anytime....because I know how hard it is to get some good action shots. I am serious...let me know when a game is you want to borrow it. That is so AWESOME he is on the team. Yeah for JOSH :)