Tuesday, December 8, 2009

unemployment top ten

#10. cleaning porta potties is fun to do,
fun to do, fun to do. (ahem not so much, but singing primary songs helps--ok that's not true either but he survived it!)
#9. my family sure goes through A LOT of toilet paper. Seriously, who knew?
(in keeping with the potty theme)
#8. we are LEARNING to love left-overs. and eggs. Eggs are good.
#7. it DOES get hot enough on a flat roof
in August to fry an egg.
#6. less REALLY IS more!
#5. you learn how humbling (and hard!) it is to accept goodness from others. (we are ready to be in "giving back" mode any time now!)
#4. attitude really is everything.
(o.k. maybe not EVERYTHING,
but you know what I mean!)
#3. coupons are a mom's best friend.
#2. it's OKAY to have a mini nervous breakdown now and again...this too shall pass!
(and your kids now know to bring you
some kleenex so you can sop
up your snot and move on.)
#1. we are so very blessed!
really and truly.
I have said it before and I'll say it again-
I would love for this unemployment stuff to be over, like.... YESTERDAY!
BUT, looking back over the past 5 months we are amazed at the outpouring of love from those people, who have LITERALLY been God's hands, here on earth.
To each of you this holiday season,
WE THANK YOU
for your love and thoughts and prayers and goodness and acts of kindness to our family.
thank you
thank you
thank you

4 comments:

Stephie said...

Love you!

nielsons*love*family said...

thanks-love you too!

samandbrodi said...

Eggs are a miracle. I think I have had eggs for breakfast every single morning for the past year. I could probably eat it for dinner more often as well.

Dorien--your family is loved.

6deans said...

I cannot believe it has been 5 months. I am sure after the Holidays he will find the perfect job. Who knew Eggs could be a best friend :) Happy Holidays!