Sunday, September 27, 2009

TEN












"Birthday Month" has begun at our home.






Eliza Jane leads the pack, followed closely by josh and kyle.






if i could have chosen differently, i would've.






this is when the good Lord sent them. (although I had nothing to do with when my husband came, quite honestly).






Eliza Jane came bellowing into this world at 10:30 am



on Sept. 28, 1999.






Red hair, and lungs like no other.






If you do the math right (and hopefully I have)



that makes her "10".






Our home would be a quiet place without Miss Lizzie.






She adds spice to every layer of our life.






Mostly, that is a good thing.






Some days, I want to duct tape her in a closet.






Eliza is a kind hearted soul, she looks out for other people's feelings and is the first one to lend a hand to cheer someone up, or give a hug, or find a band aid.






She is the "kung pao chicken" of our Chinese family menu.






She was the girliest, most lip stick wearing child I had.



She used to wear bright red "lips" (as she called them) EVERYWHERE and anywhere. My favorite was when she wore them to church each week. You could see her lips coming from one block away. The good thing was, I never lost her when we took her out. (well, except for that one time at Costco....)






She did barbies better than the other two girls. She would always take the "Prince" (AKA "ken doll") and point to all the other girl barbies and say (making a "deep" 5 year old "prince" voice) ..."i choose, i choose, i choose...YOU!" and thus the new Princess would be crowned. It seemed to make the Prince very happy.






She is creative and artistic and even though she LOATHES soccer (her words, not mine) she still gives it her best shot week after week.






She HAS TO tell me she loves me three times EVERY night when she goes to bed... I am certain someday I will miss that very much. (maybe she will still call me when she's 30??)






She is a little helper and loves to "lead" other kids younger than her around. And help them, and give them guideance. She is actually quite good at it. (leading and guiding)






She would make a FABULOUS teacher or nurse--she has a tender, caring, teaching streak that runs about a mile wide.






There is NO truer friend!! She will stick to you, and up for you, and love you, and be true to you if you are her pal like no other. I think that is a GREAT quality to have.






She is especially close to her daddy. And when no one else can reason with her or put up with her antics, that's when he steps in. She adores the man, and I adore that she does. He can make her feel like her very own "Ken chosen Princess" time after time. And after all, every girl needs a daddy who loves them.






Lizzie, today it's your birthday!






Happy Birthday to you!






lots of love!




(we love you) ....your energy! your attitude! your spunk!






(we love you) ....your sass! your laughter! your sizzle!






(we love you) ...for being JUST WHO YOU ARE!






5 comments:

samandbrodi said...

Happy Birthday to Eliza! I call her by about 4 different names (Grace, Olivia, Lizzie and Eliza--and she just smiles at me and answers to all of those names). I have never called her Josh though!

She is just a good little person and fun to be around. 10 years old...growing up!

Laura said...

Happy Birthday Lizzie!! I hope picking pumpkins at Grandma's fulfilled all your birthday dreams!

6deans said...

What a sweet post. I am so excited to have Eliza in my activity days group. The few times we have combined I have really enjoyed getting to know her. I hope she had a GREAT birthday :)

Tricia said...

Happy Birthday to the SWEETEST 10 year old I know! I love EVERYTHING about you...but especially your big hugs and happy smile! Hope you had a WONDERFUL day!!! =)

Libbi said...

Happy Birthday Eliza.
10 is very cute.