Monday, September 14, 2009

a strange thing happened today...

While I was out running my errands today, I drove past Great Harvest Bread Company. My windows were down and I was enjoying the very first "fall like" day of the season. (THAT is not the strange thing!) A fall day that was a bit overcast, cool and wonderful. While passing Great Harvest, I got a WHIFF of baking bread and my heart went pitter patter. OH! how I love Great Harvest Bread (who doesn't?). ESPECIALLY when it is fresh out of the oven. They have honey whole wheat, farmhouse white, Cinnaburst (the BEST!), and chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. (to name a few) How can anything that tastes this good actually be good for you? I mean, really? COME ON!


I sighed and thought, "Well, when you have no steady income, Great Harvest is NOT in the budget! So, keep driving woman!" (yes, i do actually talk to myself in the car when i'm alone...call me a nutter!)


I longed for it though, one good slice of warm bread.


With my errands done, I came home, and what to my wondering eyes should appear? Nope, not 8 tiny reindeer! BUT, HOLY CRAP! Someone left Great Harvest on my doorstep...one warm and delicious loaf of Cinnaburst bread! I was in heaven. I was certain that someone could read my mind. (and I wondered what else I had been thinking about today?) I had NO CLUE who to call and thank for this moment of deliciousness! So thank you mystery bread giver, they say that "bread is"....something? What is it?? Good? Edible?
Yummy?


POST EDIT: the "deliverer" has been identified....THANK YOU!
I asked if she could read my mind when she called, and the answer was unclear. BUT she DID say if someone IS reading my mind, than next time I should aim higher than a loaf of bread!


Good Point!


No comments: