Tuesday, September 15, 2009

grateful...

...for good news, even in trying times.


...for rain.


...for friendship, that strengthens.


...for the lifting of my burdens, by people surrounding me, in a million, gazillion small and wonderful ways.


...for my ears to hear my son play the piano.


...for my eyes to watch my daughter run a race, try her hardest with something new.


...for books to read, brought by people dear to my heart who keep restocking and restocking my supply.


...for prayers answered. and prayers NOT answered.


...for hope.


...for sails that blow in. (must see a previous post on my ramblings about "sails" and the movie "Castaway".)


...for love.


...for tomatoes. for how can one eat a grilled cheese sandwich without them?


...for faith.


...for a Heavenly Father that loves me, and mine.


tonight, I am grateful.

2 comments:

6deans said...

What a great reminder to always be GRATEFUL for what we have. I wanted to tell you I think it is awesome that Grace is running Cross Country...1 1/2 miles isn't always easy...GO GRACE!

Steph Bruce said...

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on your blog with all of us. I read it often and marvel at your hope, faith and your ability to infuse life with humor when it needs it most. I am grateful for you!