Tuesday, March 3, 2009

is it just me...?

now i am not sure why i am blogging about this (other than that i just pulled in my
driveway and it was FRESH on my mind, and i was following some *&#%@! person
driving 10 miles an hour all the way home!! ...in a 40 mph zone i might add!)

maybe because i know that the only people that will actually read this
are the ones that already know me? (or that not very many people actually
READ my blog, i do find some comfort in that!)

but, it is "truth"...

and you know what they say about "truth" (something about it "setting you FREEEEEEE...")

why is it when i get in the car and drive, my mouth resorts to words like:

*&#*(@

and

@*(#&$)()

and EVERYONE is a

*@(&@()#!!!

or a

*@(&)!)(***@!

my children reprimand me daily.

yet those words just keep coming out....

PLEASE tell me i am not the only one...

i am certainly not proud of it.

i came from a home where i heard my mother say *&@(&@

one time in my entire life....for REAL!

well, it has been said...not sure i feel anymore FREE, but just in case you are ever
out and about and see me driving --you are FREE to giggle (or reprimand me) as you watch
me go driving by.

6 comments:

Heather said...

nope not just you! when driving with me you'll learn that any speedy careless person is an idiot and the slow drivers are morons!

nielsons*love*family said...

oh but see heather...your language is WAY better than mine! (insert embarrassed face here!)

Laura said...

You know those are just "connector words" in our family they replace "and, but, and the"...so it's not really swearing......or that's just how I justify it!!!

samandbrodi said...

I don't feel like I have done a good job as a driver if I don't drop some colorful words. It makes me feel alive.

And sorry about driving so slow in front of you...I need to pay attention to just how slow I am going.

Libbi said...

WHILE MERGING ONTO THE HIGHWAY, or into any traffic.....my mother-in-law (bless her heart) talks outloud - in a high pitched nice lady voice, to the car she is trying to merge in front of saying - "oh excuse me"..."excuse me".."thanks"..."excuse me"! The frustrated person trying to let her in, is -by now- shouting profanities or waving the "you know"
.....my super oblivious MIL just smiles, waves, continues with her "niceties"?.. and simply carries on down the road.
It's hilarious.....and I hope she never reads this.

Keely said...

NO! You are definitely not alone.
Funny story:
Once when Kamen was around 3, I was driving on the freeway when I was cut off by another driver. (I too, have a very BAD habit of letting my tongue go wild in the car...what is it about the car???!!!)
Anyway...I said "you dumb a$$", Kamen immediately let out a HUUUUUGE gasp and said,
"MOM.......we don't say DUMB!!!!!