Friday, January 30, 2009

48 hours...

nope, not the show. my life... this was MY past 48 hours...they are all relatively similar!

get up, get my kids up, make school lunches, make 4 breakfasts, forget to eat my own (nothing new), take a shower, RUSH off to school, one hour for a meeting, hurry to get groceries (we have no milk AGAIN), run a few errands, home in time for Bompie (olivia), rush to visiting teaching, home in time for big kids, try and figure out dinner, pick up van at repair shop, home to clean up the house, make something for dinner, clean the kitchen, send kids off to Young Mens AND Womens, start a tub for girls, clean jammies on, prayers and snuggles and time for bed, big kids home from wardhouse, mom tries to decompress, time for bed, can't fall asleep (that's nothing new) lay awake half the night, alarm off at 5:30, josh up for basketball, try and fall back to sleep, lay awake (don't get up--not sure why), up at 7 with the girls, make some more breakfast, shower eat and get ready, more school lunches (HATE doing these), kiss the kids goodbye again, hurry and clean up the breakfast mess, RUSH off to school again, "mommy helper" for Antarctica Days, 2 1/2 hours there, come home in time to leave again, pick up Kindergarten carpool, run off to lunch w/friends, home again in time for carpool, pick up Jr. High kids now, home in time for girls to get in house, time for Josh to call for ride home of Jr. High (he had to stay late for testing), hurry home to start dinner, hurry everyone eat it...we have to go to basketball, off to Josh's ward ball game, grace leaves with someone else to go to another ward to play HER game, Josh's game is done, rush off to Grace's game, she's stuck in an elevator with 4 girls not playing basketball (that is a WHOLE 'nother post), she finally gets out, watch her game, hurry home, time for jammies, prayers and bed....
GOOD NIGHT everyone! (nope not yet), bompie can't fall asleep, her tummy hurts, she wants to throw up, lay by her for HOURS, she falls asleep, i still can't.

yup, that's my life---day after day-- thank goodness for friday! maybe i can finally sleep?

7 comments:

The Johnson's said...

Sounds familiar! I HATE making lunches! I long for summer vacation, just so I don't have to make them! Why can't my kids just take hot lunch?

Kassie said...

Oh the life of a mom...can relate to that!! Would your kids eat school lunch?? We get free lunch its one of the perks of being poor (maybe the only one)

nielsons*love*family said...

no! my kids eat HOME lunch...i pack it EVERY D@MN day and LOATHE making school lunches...kyle does not get it....

Keely said...

You are so funny! It sounds all too familiar with me...and just yesterday I was thinking "I need to do something to shake things up a bit." I'm not really sure what that will be :)
I also HATE making lunches...it's the pits.

Libbi said...

when my kids ask for home lunch - I remind them that the same boring, not so yummy cook will be packing that lunch, and then their midday meal will taste similar to the boring one that will "maybe" be served later on that evening.....why wish for two!
Your obviously a better cook than I.

Stephie said...

Gotta love being a mom!

Amy said...

You need to devote a post to Grace getting stuck in the elevator at church. I know I am going to devote a lesson on that in YW's. Oh my Beehives......they make life exciting! Gotta love them, and I do, way tooooooo much!