Wednesday, January 14, 2009

these little piggies...

you know how SOMETIMES (well, all the time) as a MOM
you have one of those days where you go and go and go and go....?
(well, every day).
Last night, I sat down in the basement, having gone and gone and gone...
my sweet Gracie girl asked if she could give my PIGS a pedicure.
it was 8 P.M. and i was T-I-R-E-D! (as in: ready for bed, old lady, what in the h*@#
EVER happened to staying up til 2 in the morning tired. Yup, THAT kinda tired!)
i sighed and said YES!
She brought in a big bowl of HOT, SOAPY bubbles and soaked and rubbed my feet.
And rubbed and lotioned them. And then rubbed them some more, JUST for the heck of it.
I am telling you here and now, if you need something rubbed, Grace is your GIRL!
she can give the meanest back rub, head rub (as in when you have a really bad headache
and your head just needs a "message" kinda rub), and now add FOOT RUB to her repertoire!
(and i DID have to look up that word to get the spelling 100%!)
then she rubbed some more and painted the PIGS pink!
those PIGS in the picture, NOT mine, but very cute ones, none the less.
Thanks Gracie for making your mother's PIGGIES happy last night!

5 comments:

Kassie said...

What a good girl you have!! Cant think of anything better after a go go go day!

Laura said...

If she wants more practice at pedicures she can stop by my house any time!!

Tricia said...

Oh that sounds like HEAVEN to me right now! How lucky are you to have Grace?! She is such a doll!

Keely said...

How totally sweet...and HEAVENLY too!! There's nothing nicer (or relaxing) than a great pedicure :)

Amy said...

I am feeling very relaxed right now reading your blog. I wish Grace was over here right now. Tell her to forget about school, she has more important things to do!