Thursday, January 8, 2009

i am a murderer of wheat grass....PART ONE & PART TWO!

PART ONE: MURDERER!
Ok, listen, in my defense, I have kept SEVERAL things alive for LONG periods of time. The "short list" not withstanding:
1. myself, now going on some 40 odd years.
2. 4 children, ages 15, almost 12, 9 and 5.
3. 2 dogs, at one point in our life when we had dogs. (which, for the record they RAN AWAY--after a move, LONG story--but i was in NO WAY actively involved in their deaths...for all we know they may still be alive and well, out there somewhere!)
4. flowers in my summer garden.
5. 3 tomato plants, i MUST get lessons from Christian Janke this year...he is the absolute KING
of tomatoes and i unabashedly called him at least once a week to beg for tomatoes from his garden. (he does not read my blog, but maybe some of his friends do and they can put in the good word for me again this year for MORE tomatoes?!)

however, and notwithstanding, i AM a murderer of wheat grass....
i tried, AMY, i really tried! i watered it, Grace trimmed it with scissors and every day since it
appeared on my steps i have watched it droop more and more...until the below result.
so i ask your forgiveness and anyone who has read my blog will see why i added "TRYING" to grow houseplants to my NEW YEARS resolutions.
sigh...i mean REALLY? how hard is it to keep this stuff alive?? it's not rocket science, is it?


PART TWO: Things I have NOT murdered, but apparently NOT
fed as well as I should have....
this story is a little late, but it was too cute NOT to share. Olivia is in a playgroup with some cute little friends Mia, Necie and Carter (how Carter lucked out being with all these girls is something he will need to thank his mom for at some point in the future!) Anyway, they are GREAT kids and play well together. They come straight from Kindergarten and so the mom who has them always feeds them lunch. They were here the week before Christmas, all hyped up on Christmas adrenoline and I feed them some Mac n Cheese (the lunch of champions, or at least 5 and 6 year olds, right?) APPARENTLY, it was NOT a good lunch because while I was in the other room I hear a bunch of giggling and whispering and loud CRUNCHING coming from a corner in the dining room. I walked in to find all 4 of the children huddled around a box of LUCKY CHARMS in the corner, stuffing their faces as fast as they could. Somehow, one of them, managed to have a handful of ONLY marshmallows in their sticky hands. I quickly snuck back in with my camera and snapped a few photos, either for posterity or blackmail at some future date. Anyway, it gave me a good laugh--and it gave them a full stomach. So, in the end EVERYONE was happy~
AT LEAST, i am NOT a murderer of children (although i certainly have threatened my OWN on any number of occassions!) Hopefully, you will all still respect me as a human being--having shamefacedly admitted one of my biggest flaws on the world wide web....murderess!
(if ONLY that were one of my biggest flaws...)



CAUGHT in the act!!



















4 comments:

JGEM said...

I also cannot keep houseplants alive. I have no idea how one is supposed to do that. But I admit mine is mostly because I forget to water them.

Kassie said...

i stopped getting any houseplants because i couldnt stop killing them and it made me feel bad! Carter look a little afraid to attack the lucky charms surrounded by all the girls??

Amy said...

No worries Dorien! I myself do not have houseplants because I kill them. I feel as if raising children is all I am capable of for right now. I didn't expect you to keep it and raise it for years, if so I would have given you one of my children, or better maybe Hank. Next year for Christmas don't be surprised if Hank shows up on your doorstep. Good luck!

samandbrodi said...

If you notice it, the girls appear to be the instigators as innocent Carter quietly looks on...so innocent in fact, he actually has his hands in his pocket in that last picture. Man, I hope those girls don't corrupt him! :)