Tuesday, July 5, 2011

the Met & a chocolate chip cookie














 Kyle, Scott & I attended the MET on Saturday morning
to see the Alexander McQueen exhibit.  I only know that
he was a designer and has died.  His clothing is AMAZING!
FANTASTIC!  FABULOUS!  I'm not sure where anyone would
ever wear it, but it was ALL a work of art.


There was no photography allowed at all, so all my images
were "borrowed" from the world wide web.


Seriously...can you believe how BEAUTIFUL his clothing is?


If you look closely you can dresses made from seashells,
flowers, feathers and horse hair--as well as "normal" 
fabric pieces.  Can you find them?


It was amazing to walk around and see these creations.


Afterwards we grabbed lunch at an Italian place and then 
made our way to Levain Bakery for dessert.  They have award
winning cookies that are the size of hockey pucks. 


Seriously, each cookie is about a 1 cup measurement dumped
onto a cookie sheet and baked.  The outside is crisp and
the inside is the melting mass of gooey cookie dough.


I was full after 2 bites.  (I also was HORRIBLE at taking
pictures this trip.)


Scott ditched us and Kyle and I continued on to the 
Top of the Rock ....I DO have pictures of that, a little
shopping in china town to grab perfume and whatnots for
some friends back home.


Post and pictures to follow.

No comments: