Wednesday, July 7, 2010

pecking order

Dog eat dog world you say?


Well, in OUR house the pecking order is determined by "bed position". (Ohhhh, is this post going to be spicy? Hardly...keep reading.)


So, what in the world is that you ask?


Let me explain.


Mostly, we all start out in our beds.


Then comes the scary dreams, night terrors, or any old thing that propels a child towards our room.


Me, I never leave the bed.


First kid to get there shares the bed with me, bumping Kyle to the floor. They win the "grand prize". (aka a place in the bed.)


The second kid who wanders in gets a "nest" on the floor next to Kyle.


If more than 2 kids meander to our room (it HAS happened) Kyle bumps himself, a pillow and a warm blanket to the downstairs couch. (comfy)


At some point one or more of the kids always start snoring. In turn, I send them packing BACK to their rooms pillows in hand and finally get back to sleep.


Do you see how this has ended?


I never even had to leave my bed once!


I'll say it outloud--when it comes to my bed and sleep, *I* am at the top of the pecking order here.


Sweet dreams....and don't have a bad one at my house, or you know where you'll end up! (Right back in your own bed.)

No comments: