Friday, June 12, 2009

the BEST summer ever and the DUMBEST thing ever...

The girls have a list.

It is entitled "the BEST summer EVER!"

It includes all the things they want to do this summer.

I have included a picture of it so you may read it.

My favorite thing on the list (which ALSO happens to be at
the VERY BOTTOM--as in LAST ON THE LIST--is: "don't talk for 24 hours")

Here's the thing, THEY thought up all the things on the list, who am I to try and stop their creativity??

I may need to find a way to bump that one up to #5 though!


NOT on the list would be "my dumb mom breaking her toe!"

(have included a picture of this as well, please forgive the need for a pedicure on my ugly toes)

That would be ME! How dumb is that? What a great way to start out MY summer. I knew it was "bad" when I looked down and my 3rd toe was no longer pointing up straight, but rather leaning and pointing at an awkward angle TOWARD my 4th toe. (not exactly the way you want to see a toe point!)

Grace informed me how proud she was of me. (I only swore once when it happened!) *i hate to say it, but MAYBE some of the credit also goes to the Williams boys (Sam & Spencer) who happened to be in my basement with Josh--need I say more?

A HUGE shout out to Dr. Brian Seagle for 4 hours of his time and a double "date" (his term, not mine, and we used it loosely) with his wife, and my husband, to get my toe fixed and dinner--I can't think of a better way to spend 4 hours, can you?

Well, I probably can, but it was at least spent in good company (and Ange got her update on the whole Jon & Kate plus 8 situation via "PEOPLE" magazine while she waited for us). Plus you just can't beat Rhumbi's at 8 p.m., right?

If you ever need a good foot person, I have one I can now PERSONALLY recommend!

THANKS DR. S!!!! (we're on a nickname basis now!)

Even though I have been condemmed to a "boot" and taped toes for 3 weeks (he wants my toe to heal pointing UP and not sideways. Gosh! what a novel idea!) He is still "OK" in my book. (Although I gave it a valient effort in trying to dissuade him on the boot part--the man has no clue how much I LOATHE shoes of any kind! sigh.)


Off to work on some of the FUN stuff on the girls list...

































3 comments:

Laura said...

Sorry on the toe..
but I definitely need to get me a list! I'm already working on the slip n' slide...I've got Grandma involved...it will happen...

Tricia said...

Ouch!!! Nothing is worse than a broken toe! PAINFUL! So sorry...but at least you got dinner and great company out of it! =)

Howland Home said...

Oh my goodness, your toe looks like it hurts REALLY BAD!! Love their list idea!