Monday, February 9, 2009

death and taxes....

they say that those 2 things are certain in life....and while i will agree with #1 and #2 on that much beloved list, i would like to add one more.




#3. winter does not end in Utah until sometime in May.





you can always count of some freak storm (including snow) well into what should be spring.


sure, the weather tempts us and teases us and lulls us into a false sense of security and a belief that spring is right around the corner.





THEN BAM! we wake up to another morning of cold and snow.





Honest to goodness, i need to move somewhere warm...from November to May.

6 comments:

Stephie said...

Isn't that the truth! Remember last year when it was FREEZING in early June. One year it snowed inches on my birthday, May 23! Crazy Utah! :)

Keely said...

I soooo agree with you. (The moving somewhere warm from November to May!)
Every winter I tell Aaron how much I dread the cold and snow and that I want to move somewhere warm. I'm hoping he'll follow my lead :)

6deans said...

I am with you Dorien...it is crazy to have these random snow storms than it is nice for a few weeks....ahhhh the joys of living in Utah :)

Brodi Ashton said...

My favorite is the inversion. Who decided a valley is "the place"?

Libbi said...

Tuscon was jacket cold Friday and Saturday....and wear a coat - sit in the car cold on Sunday. TONS of snow in Flagstaff, and roads completely covered all of highway 89. So Arizona wasn't all that warm either. Go Figure.

samandbrodi said...

Yeah, I hear you...and its the middle of February, I have a feeling that we will be seeing a few more of these fun little storms.

This cold weather is prohibiting me from wearing my skimpy outfits!