Wednesday, February 18, 2009

bad day...



You know that jaunty little tune by Daniel Powter? well, this is post NOT about that tune....

The other day Lizzie was having a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day (as in an "Alexander" kind of day--- like a day from the book of the very same name).

She was barricaded in her bedroom, and on something like her 123rd time out of the day (who LIZZIE? i know, you are all shocked).

I was feeling awful, but SHE was feeling worse.

Anyway, i see Olivia sneaking through the house with a sheet of paper behind her back. With the stealth of Nancy Drew, she approached the shut bedroom door and slid the paper under the bottom crack.

A while later, after Lizzie had sufficiently repented of all her misdeeds and apologized to any she had offended, i went into the bedroom to see what the paper said.

THAT was it (see above for actual picture of said paper). Now YOU tell ME...WHO could continue having a bad day after having THAT slipped under your door? Certainly not me! It now hangs in a place of honor on the refridgerator to remind me of LOTS of things. Most of all to remind me NOT to have a bad day!

on a side note: olivia's little playgroup met once again yesterday at the Nielson home for a smashing good time. Only this week it did not go so well. Mia had a ear-ache and wanted to go home. She was in tears and had me call her mom. While we were waiting for Trish to arrive, we gathered up her backpack, coats, boots and had it all ready. In the process a little green (or was it blue?) ball rolled out of her backpack. You know the kind of soft, squishy ball you squeeze when you're having a bad, or stressful, day? I picked it up and said "what is this?"

Carter responded, "that is Mia's 'happy ball'!" Apparently you can squeeze the ball and it will make you happy! (i need one in EVERY ROOM!) Mia picked up the ball with a very forlorn look on her face and gave it a half-hearted squeeze. We all looked at her expectantly...did it work?

she huffed and stuffed the ball in her backpack and said "well it is NOT working today!"

bless her heart...i hope it is today!

we hope YOUR day is a good day, not a bad day and we hope YOUR happy ball is working! :O)

10 comments:

Kassie said...

Cuteness- some days are just bad days , sure would be nice to get a little note though!

Heather said...

so sweet! and that is what sister's are for! i hope my girls will one day learn that. in fact i think i will show them this!

Keely said...

How sweet is Olivia?! How thoughtful of her to think of her sister...what a cutie! :)

JGEM said...

I want one of those notes!

6deans said...

Love it :) Those are great things to remember when you look back at what you have posted. I definately need a little ball in all the little corners in my house :)

samandbrodi said...

That is awesome. That Olivia is one talented little girl. It is pretty funny about the happy ball as well...they are all cute little kids.

Amy said...

First of all, I will be singing that song in my head for the next few hours......thanks for that. Also I think play group sounds entertaining, maybe Hank could join.

nielsons*love*family said...

YES!!! amy...please send Hank to our next playgroup! please! please?
pretty please...cherry on top please?

Libbi said...

So cute!

Tricia said...

Oh that sweet Olivia...I couldn't be mad for long either if I had that little cutie writing me notes like that! So cute! I need to ask Mims about her "happy ball" --I could use it about now! =) Thank goodness for your blog posts! =)