Thursday, December 11, 2008

finishing things up....

i got this email from a friend today about FINISHING THINGS UP and thought it was JUST PERFECT for what i was about to post here....

"By following simple advice heard on the Dr. Phil show, you too can find inner peace. Dr Phil proclaimed, "The way to achieve inner peace is to finish all the things you have started and have never finished."So, I looked around my house to see all the things I started and hadn't finished and before leaving the house this morning, I finished a package of Oreos, the remainder of my old Prozac prescription, the rest of the cheesecake, some Doritos, and a box of chocolates. You have no idea how freaking good I feel right now."


the email made me laugh!

we (as in KYLE) did finish up one really BIG THING today though ...
FINALS! he is done at the University for the 2nd to last time!
3 classes left!
3 classes left!
3 classes left!
(did i mentions, 3 classes?)
OK, i am excited! HE is too! the kids are as well!

way to go KYLE on "finishing things up" today!!!
So now i guess he can go finish off an Oreo, and a piece of cheesecake too!
He deserves it! way to go on something you started a LOT of years ago!
here's to finishing things up....

5 comments:

Libbi said...

WooHoo! That's gotta feel good.

Kassie said...

Please give him a big hug and tell him congrats from his sister... Its an incredible thing to stick with it, its so easy in life to just give up on things that are hard!! I am proud of him!!

The Gilbert Bunch said...

I need to start "finishing lots of things around my house." Congrats to Kyle!!!!!!!! It was great to see you last night! You have such a beautiful family, and you are such a great mom. It is great to keep in touch!

Amy said...

Way to go Kyle, that's gotta feel oh so good! I myself have finished off a giant bag of M&M's this weekend! I loved your Christmas card! The pictures were beautiful.Where did you have them taken? It makes me want summer back.
Love,
Amy

The "K" in JKD said...

I don't even want to start looking at things that need to be finished up around my house. I loved your Christmas card. Especially the shot where all of the kids are looking in different directions, it is beautiful! (BTW, this is Kristine Davies)