Thursday, May 10, 2012

Lasts...

My son just played his last volleyball game in high school
tonight.

Ever.

Boy oh Boy has it been fun to watch.

He takes his last AP tests Friday and Monday.
Euro History and Physics, respectively.

I just opened his "graduation schedule" letter that came in
the mail.  This will be my first and (thankfully) his first
and last high school graduation

Boy oh Boy has he been fun to have around.

Well him and a buncha extra boys that live in my house.

Who knew this whole growing up thing would tug on my
heart strings with such a pull, such a grip, such a searing
snag?

Who knew I would have tears spilling down my face as
I read his schedule for the next few weeks leading up
to the grand finale, the big walk, the whole cap and gown
thing?

Real salty, dripping tears.

Who knew that my mother's heart would feel such a
desperate gripping sadness at this whole "letting go"
and "growing up" thing?

Who knew this journey of "lasts" would be SO, oh SO
very bittersweet?

I know that the future will be bright and I will also be
enjoying many, glorious first in the months and years ahead,

but for NOW, these "lasts" are hard. hard. hard.


No comments: