Tuesday, March 22, 2011

body & soul

I have not been on the receiving end of "condolences"
for a very long time. 

Yet, I have once again been overwhelmed in my life.

By the goodness, the love, the kindness and caring
of people.

Flowers and food fill my counter tops and refrigerator.

Messages of love and support fill my voicemail,
my inbox, and my text message box.

I feel the arms of others lifting my up.

Both body and soul.

I often have laughed at the Mormon ability to feed
others in times of need.  Without fail, and quicker
than a old fashioned Texas style gun dual of days
gone past, a home can be filled to capacity with
enough food to last from here, to well, eternity.

My counter tops over-floweth.

And yet as I move about in a death induced coma
of fog and heartbreak, I am grateful beyond words,
beyond the capacity to even express these words
coherently.

At the love, and food, that has been bestowed upon
me (and my family) during this time.

That love propels me ever onward.  For life
must, and does, go on.  Even though it feels
like it has most certainly stopped for me,
it has not.

These two constants, both the love and the food,
nourish and feed both my body and my spirit--
my very being, the heart of my soul.

A bowl of warm tomato soup and a tall Dt. Coke
feed my body, nourish me to give me the strength
to move forward into the future.

Physically.

A loving test message on my phone heals my heart,
gives me faith and hope that mankind, humanity, is
more good than bad.  That love indeed does make
the world go 'round.  It, too, gives me strength.

Spiritually.

I am so thankful that my life has been so blessed
through this season of sadness. 

I am so glad that there are so many good people out
there that love me, both body and soul.

Thank you for sustaining me, nourishing me and
helping me to heal.

Both body & soul.

I am a blessed woman.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are such a beautiful writer. Wishing you love and peace during this difficult time.

6deans said...

Your writing always amazes me...you have such a gift for words. Diane said you did an amazing job speaking at your dads funeral. I wish it would have been closer because I would have loved to come and support you and your family. Know that you are constantly in my thoughts and prayers :)