Sunday, October 31, 2010

death by cheesecake, no seriously we mean it...DEATH!


As luck would have it Josh got asked to the
"Monster Mash" dance. The only thing is
his "date" got even LUCKIER. Her family
decided to go the Hawaii the same weekend
as the dance. I mean, really? Is it even
a choice? Josh or Hawaii?? I love my son,
but I think even I would choose Hawaii
over him.

No offense.

So, I was asked to help heal his wounded

heart (which was really not feeling very

wounded) along with all his friends who

did not have the fortune of being asked

in the first place.

I was facebooked and emailed with a very

interesting Paula Deen "Deep Fried

Cheesecake" recipe. I thought "what the

heck?" I can make this, never have, but

willing to try. The boys were giddy with

joy. Or maybe they were giddy with

the prospect of the combination of sugar

and fat? Either way, I was game!




I started my morning on Friday making
a homemade graham cracker crust and
homemade cheesecake. Easy enough.






And done...my cheesecake cracked--which
I know means something--but it was going
to be cut up and deep friend so who cares?


To deep fry a cheesecake, start with
the "cake".

Then lay it on an eggroll size wonton
square. (They are the 6" square
size ones)











Top with chocolate chips-the boys
choose "milk" over "semi-sweet".
Personally, had I been eating, I
would've picked the "semi-sweet".











Roll up and line them up--let them
patiently wait for the grease to heat
to the right temperature.










After deep frying them, dump them
in a bowl of powdered sugar, you know,
to make them even MORE unhealthy.










Top with whipped cream and
chocolate sauce...what are a few
more calories at this point, right?










And eat. and eat. and eat.








Mitchell single handedly put away
6 of these bad boys. Josh and Conner
were ready to throw up after 2.
And Tanner (who came late) held
steady at 2 as well. With tears in their
eyes (of pain & misery at all that artery
clogging goodness) they assured me
if this was their "last meal" it was worth
their death.


Add a gallon of milk to survive.







I cannot report on how these tasted, I'm
not eating treats, remember? Do I feel sad
I missed out? Not really. I am not a huge
fan of "deep fried" anything. And of
course, I mostly live to bring joy to others.

(ahem, sarcasm noted.)


The boys had us frying "Ho-Ho's" and
"Reeses Peanut Butter Cups" in
Egg Roll wrappers by the end of
the night. Heaven help us! (them, mostly!)

I asked Josh if anyone threw up (Mitchell!)
but he assured me they were all fine.

In fact, SO FINE, that the next night they
went to Mitchell's house so HIS mom (who
felt sorry none of them went to the dance)
made them a batch of home-made
donuts.
Some how I get the feeling these boys
made out like bandits--what do you
think?



































































1 comment:

Laura said...

Heard all about these at dinner - sound deadly, in a good way. You really are a VERY nice Mom!