Thursday, January 28, 2010

up to my elbows

in flour.


did i mention we are cooking the "team dinner" tonight?


as in: the BASKETBALL team?


YUP, we are. It is something we all (the parents) "get to do". Don't get me wrong. I am happy, thrilled, ecstatic, overjoyed AND giddy to take my turn!



I just keep thinking about 13 boys.


13...very tall, very hungry boys. Coming straight from practice. To eat. Food. Lots and lots of FOOD.


i am on my 4th hour of mixing and baking and cursing.


did i mention we are making pasta? and two kinds of sauces? and i VOLUNTEERED (volunteered i tell ya!) to make homemade bread sticks for the dinner too.


and homemade peanut butter cup brownies.


what was i thinking? SERIOUSLY? SERIOUSLY!
WHAT. WAS. I. THINKING?


that comes out to something like 100 (million) bread sticks and several dozen brownies.



one family made Pulled Pork sandwiches (in the crock pot) with rolls (NOT homemade, but amazingly enough from the GROCERY STORE!! --that is me YELLING!)



that family, the pulled pork one, they are looking like freakin' geniuses to me right now.
G.E.N.I.U.S.E.S.


off to make some more dough. it will ALL be worth it if the boys are happy!


well that, and if they eat. every ounce, every drop, every noodle, every brownie and every breadstick!





1 comment:

janae said...

You are crazy, but a fabulous mom!! Feel free to bring some over to my house:)