Monday, January 11, 2010

bouffant

today, for the first time in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time, i had my hair done!



as in i got to get a cut, highlights(or in my case "low lights"), washed, styled, blow dried....well you get the picture.



with no job for Kyle, my hair cutting needs fall to the very bottom of any list. (wants, needs or otherwise) i am SO OK with that. i am a pretty low maintenance kinda gal anyway and not so very much into big hair or make up.





the reason i even got to be spoiled and fussed over was because of some pretty great friends.
they gave me a napkin for my birthday with a fabulous note written on it
(yup, a napkin and a HANDWRITTEN note ON said napkin, does it get any better than that? I think NOT!)



the note said something like, "go crazy, let your hair hang down, or cut it up...it's sll on us! love your bff's"



so, i finally made the call and went to see the hair wizard (or should i say wizard-ess?) of the neighborhood.



she insisted, INSISTED, i tell you! that her orders were to give me highlights and a crazy cut or even a mullet if i dared. (didn't wanna do it! i just can't see myself with a mullet, can you?)



i, who actually happen to like my brown locks, chickened WAY OUT on all that dye and chopping and stuck with what i knew. (besides even if i was not paying, i KNOW what she charges and i want my friends to still love me when they see the bill.)



and i did not want to upset the balance of nature and go blond for fear it would permanently throw the universe out of alignment. although my hairdresser assured me SHE personally had yet to throw anything out of alignment. Universe or otherwise....and she's tried a lot.



after much hemming and hawing, i told her to "go crazy!" we settled for cutting off the dead ends and using a shade lighter than my natural brown for some "low lights".



i am trying to decide if i like it....





for some reason, it looks just like it did yesterday.

2 comments:

Stephie said...

Oh man! I wanted a picture!

nielsons*love*family said...

sorry steph! i am totally laughing at myself for being so conservative....just didn't know if i could maintain if the old hubby has no job to upkeep the roots, kwim?

so i thought why bother...and walked out the same as i went in basically! (it made me LOL!)