Wednesday, January 6, 2010

i dreamed a dream....

I need your help.
Last night, I had a dream. Which in and of itself is probably not very significant as most people dream every.single.night. For me, on the other hand, dreaming IS considerably more meaningful. WHY? you ask. Well, for starters, consider the fact of how little I have been sleeping for the past 6 months or so. No sleep=no dreams. It seems that even when I do sleep it is very fitful and I am given to much waking. All in all it is a very bad combination for coming up with some good dreaming time.
So, last night I actually had something like a 5 hour stretch of uninterrupted sleep time. I was thrilled, I was happy AND I had a dream.
Here's where you come in.
I dreamed of babies. (what is it with me and babies these days? I mean seriously people, there are absolutely NO BABIES in my future until one of my off spring produces a grandchild for me.)
But not just a few babies, I dreamed of 12 babies. In my dream there were 6 very tiny, very small helpless babies. Next to them were 6 very plump, very healthy, very chubby babies. Perhaps the strangest thing about all these babies was that they were in my hands. (not really possible, I know, but hey! it was my dream.) So 6 puny, scrawny, small babies in one hand. 6 plump butterball babies in the other.
Me, just holding them.
Anyone care to take a stab at interpreting that one for me?
And for what it's worth, I honestly don't take much stock in my dreams. I did google "babies" and "dreams" to see what it said. Mostly i think it just means I am crazy (which I already knew) and don't sleep enough.
But for the sake of fun, I thought I would let YOU GUYS give me YOUR interpretation of what it could possibly mean.
Have fun! and go crazy!
FYI: these babies are made out of marzipan. I am not sure why anyone would ever need a marzipan baby, but in case you ever do....well, here they are! (I guess for a baby shower? To top a cake? The thought makes me a little sick. Although they are VERY cute marzipan babies. I especially like the little one with it's feet curled up to its tummy.)

10 comments:

Heather said...

i have no ideas. however, i shared your dream with my husband and he immediately came up with something that the dream reminded him of. it's a scripture, which is odd as my husband isn't a fan of religion these days. but maybe it's something. so here it is...

http://bible.cc/genesis/41-26.htm

samandbrodi said...

I am not sure what the size of the babies means or what it means when you dream of what they are made of...but I do know that it means that you need to have several more kids.

Good luck...I can't wait to hear the good news of your upcoming pregnancy. I think your dream means you are to have 6 kids, so 2 more should be on their way! Good luck!

I am glad to help with your dreams interpretations.

nielsons*love*family said...

dear sam,
shame on you!


dear heather,
could we go w/weeks or months instead of years? interesting interpretation...however now i am imagining Donny Osmond in a loin cloth singing songs from the "Joseph..." musical.

not a bad image though! ;O)

JGEM said...

I thought of Joseph too.

The "K" in JKD said...

Your dream also reminded me of "Joseph." Although, my sis in law had a dream about a baby and what do you think happened? Yep, #5 came her way.

Laura said...

I too dreamed of a baby last night... I only WISH it meant I was having one...

nielsons*love*family said...

well thanks for all the interpretations people~

mostly, i don't *honestly* think it means a darn thing...i just thought it would be fun to hear what people thought about dreams.

do any of you believe they mean something? or do you believe they are just random nothingness?

small note: i served my mission in Italy and the Italians were BIG on meanings of dreams, and they believed that dreams did have real, literal meanings.

lets just hope we're NOT REALLY in for 6 yrs of "bad luck".
(OR 6 babies for that matter!)

Stephie said...

I was thinking Joseph too! LOL

Maybe it means it will only be 6 months of famine at your house but then that would be pretty crappy to only have 6 good months.

I have several dreams every night. Some mornings I wake up and I can remember 6 different dreams. One night I had the most TERRIBLE dream. My legs were like corn cobs and I had corn kernals in my skin. I would have to try to get them out but they would keep growing back. It was SOOOOOOO terrible and SOOOOOO painful and SOOOOOOO disturbing. I could not stop thinking about it for days. I too searched dream websites and came up with nothing. I figured I too was crazy!

Here's my take. I do believe the Lord talks to us through dreams. I have examples from my own life so ask me some time. :) I also believe dreams can just be random junk from our subconscious minds. I have crazy dreams when my hormones are changing - preggo or that time of the month.

I'm sorry you haven't been sleeping well. :( I can't say I would either. I think we will pray for the Bompies to have good long sleeps tonight with no crazy dreams.

Amy said...

I believe a week ago I received a quote from you that said something about my responsibility for saving the children of our ward.Maybe you were worried about the Primary children or maybe just maybe you are pregnant. But my guess is that your calling is now interrupting your precious sleep.But a baby would really stir things up a bit, don't ya think. I wonder if it is a boy or a girl.

nielsons*love*family said...

steph, i always had crazy dreams when i was preggo (which i am NOT!)
did i mention NOT! not! NOT!

amy, the quote was from janae--all her doing...she's the only one who worries about saving children.
(KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

maybe our next primary activity should be making marzipan babies?