Tuesday, January 10, 2012

21

YEARS,

 of marriage that is.

today is our anniversary.

i know some people are super mushy gushy lovey dovey (and good for you!)

i am not.  my husband even less so.

i was telling one of my "friends" at the gym today that we had made it to
21 years.

she said "that is a LONG time!"

it is.

21 years of joy and sadness.

heartache and happiness.

trial and fun.

times when we BOTH wanted to go another way and
times when we BOTH wanted to be here very much.

4 kids. jobs. no jobs. houses. remodeling. school. travels. friends. memories.
everything all wrapped up together, creating the life we have and know.
and (for the most part) love.

ups and downs.

if anyone tells you marriage is perfect and wonderful all the time...

i think they're lying.

but i'm glad i've had my friend kyle with me for this journey.

he listens and tries really hard and has put up with me longer
than anyone should have to.

he tells me "KITCHENS" are the anniversary gift for 21 years.

(and well, technically per the internet its "brass" or "nickel", who
needs more brass or nickle, right?)

i'll take the kitchen.  new or used.

it's a good thing that's what i'm getting, right?

happy anniversary kyle, thanks for sticking with me through IT ALL!

No comments: