Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Things I Will Miss...

It all started because Josh came
home last week with his Senior
schedule.

His SENIOR schedule people.

My son, he will be a SENIOR in
high school next year.

Gulp.  Huge, gigantic gulp.

My friend who has a son that is
a senior THIS YEAR said to me
in church on Sunday, "prepare to
cry the entire year, all year!"

Great.  Just what I seem to
excel at these days.  I have
crying covered. 

As I walked through my house
today, I walked past bits and
pieces of things that are just
white noise in the back round
daily.  I don't even notice them,
they are just there, part of my
life, all day everyday.

And I love them. (mostly)

Just like I love the ones
that leave them there.

Here they are, some of the
Things I Will Miss.



 Senior Year registration, his schedule is something like my worst nightmare come true.
Filled with AP classes in science and math.  It makes me break out into a cold sweat.
It gives me heart palpitations and chest pains.  It makes him happy.  I swear sometimes
I wonder where this childs brain came from.  His mom, who is a lover of
words and English and reading.  Him, who is a lover of numbers and formulas and
the mysteries of making things work, and then making them work.
 Drawings of skeleton fingers on hands while doing homework.

 Love Notes from my baby to me.
 "Lost Shoes" under the table...
 Doll bedrooms on MY bedroom floor.
 ART GALLERIES in THIER bedrooms

 Real Friends who contribute to the gallery...and...
 Imaginary Friends who make art projects for the Gallery.
 Hair Doodles hanging on cupboard doors ...waiting to be put away.
 Shoes by the front door.  (this is nothing folks--you should see
the "after school" shot when Josh & Co. are here...
6 + pair of size 13 and up shoes scattered everywhere daily.)
 Sewing Projects draped on living room furniture.
 "Mommy" Purses left on the tables after
Grandma (ME!) babysits their babies (dollies) while they run errands
in their cars (the living room couches).

Below:
Giant knives and belt buckles left over from "RAP GROUP"
photo session and 6 gigantic teenage boys looking for black
clothes and silver jewelry to wear in our closets.
This may be worthy of a future blog post all by itself at
some point in the future!!!

All too soon, some of this
figurative "noise" will be
reduced and removed.  So today,
while it's here, I am sharing...

Things I Will Miss...when they
are gone.

Because I promise you,
it was only yesterday,
or possibly last week, that
JOSHUA was the one leaving
half built legos on tables and
nee-nees on my bed.

Where did all that time go?

No comments: