Saturday, June 19, 2010

storm

The other night a storm was rolling across our beautiful valley. The sun was getting eclipsed by giant thunder heads. The sounds of thunder rumbled across the valley, and the wind was blowing as my family stood out front watching, with awe, as the beauty of mother nature filled the evening sky.


During all of this my (insane) husband decided to climb up onto the roof (in a lightening storm!!) to snap a few shots. (With me quietly muttering under my breath it would serve him right if he were struck by lightening--ON.THE.ROOF! people!! in a lightening storm!) I may have even yelled it up to him once..."IT WOULD SERVE YOU RIGHT, YOU FOOL!"


Well, he lived to tell his tale and snapped a few great photo's
(this is ONE) in the meantime.


Rolling thunder, lots of lightening, and a double rainbow were our rewards that night, as we all stood and watched mother nature in all her majesty. The storm was echoing off of "our" lovely mountains. I always look at "my mountain" ("it" would be Mt. Olympus, right out my kitchen window) and sigh--they are a lovely sight to behold.


How do people live without mountains?



And who really needs the fireworks you buy in a box when you can have this instead?

No comments: