Monday, June 14, 2010

is summer over yet?

i hate to even type this out...


we are only on the 2nd monday of the 2nd week of summer vacation.


i used to love summer...LOVE IT!


lazy days, spending time w/my kids. LOTS of time.


i'm not sure what happened.


they got older and i got grumpier?


now it seems to be constant bickering and "i'm bored!"


here is an example of one small moment from my day today...


the kids came on an errand with me. (my first mistake)


i was dropping a HUGE box of "old things" off at the D.I. (thrift store)


they wanted to go in and "look around"--i gave in. (my second mistake)


they proceeded to beg for even more "old things". i held firm and refused.


after all, what was the point of what i had just done? (the dropping off of the old things)


on the way home i hear Olivia from the back seat whining, "STOP IT LIZZIE! Maddie
would NOT do that do me!!" (Maddie is her DOLL by the way)


"I SAID STOP IT!! Maddie would not punch me!" (apparently the doll --held by Lizzie--
had just "punched" her.)


tears....followed by "lizzie if you do that to me again i will hit you with my flip flop!"


at which point i see a raised pink flip flop in my mirror hoovering
precariously close to her sisters head.


seriously people, where did i go wrong?


and how many days left til school starts?

5 comments:

Amy said...

Only having two kids does not make it any easier! When one child is gone, I become the entertainer for the other one left home. Summers used to be easier! I swear they did! I still love having them home! Let's see if I say that in a month from now.

Unknown said...

Okay, I noticed that you were one of cjane's 500+ commenters today inviting her to your blog ... so I invited myself over and I must say I really enjoyed myself as I scrolled through some of your posts!

You are a great writer and I can TOTALLY relate to your stories/life! I am counting myself as a new follower!

Teachinfourth said...

It's funny, my students (about half) don't want to start summer break and would rather just stay in school. That, or they yell when I drive through the neighborhood on the way to school saying they want to come back.

I'm sure your teachers would take them back.

By the way, I too came via the cjane million and a half commenters. I just wanted you to know how I got here.

nielsons*love*family said...

well welcome! i am not sure my blog is very exciting--but you are welcome to read it! :O)

Libbi said...

Your blog is one of the best.
Love to read.