Saturday, June 5, 2010

do your children ever just take your breath away??


No, I mean LITERALLY ...do they ever just take your breath away?
(As in "scarethefreakin'crapoutofyoufornoreasonatall"...?)



Like when you are out front watering your flowers and your 16 yr. old son and his friends are on the roof and start shooting (illegal) fireworks off? Really.Loud.Fireworks. In June, not July. I am grateful for neighbors who didn't call the police.



Or like when a counter-attack group of terrorists--I mean a wandering group of 16 yr. old boys-from up the road sneak up with airsoft guns and masks on? Behind you, while you are peacefully still watering flowers in your front yard. OH! and one of them is dressed up like a banana. (Yup! you read that right, a B.A.N.A.N.A.) I am grateful for neighbors that laugh at bananas in my yard.



Or like when the same afore-mentioned group of 16 yr. old boys show up at your house, unannounced, and ring your doorbell. And you, the afore-mentioned mother, are home alone and answer the door unaware that there are 4 boys armed (airsoft guns again) and masked. And in the center of your lawn is a human being dressed up like a gorilla (yup! you read that right a G.O.R.I.L.L.A.) doing a little dance? I am grateful for neighbors that clap at dancing gorillas, and let me know I am never alone!



It's amazing how 16 yr. old boys can revert to the age of 5 without a moments hesitation, on any given day of any given week.



And they just take my breath away....literally.

2 comments:

6deans said...

That would seriously scare the pants off me. Sounds like there is never a dull moment with Josh and his friends =)

Teachinfourth said...

Okay, the photo is awesome...