Tuesday, April 27, 2010

best.apology.ever

I have a 13 year old daughter.


That is a loaded statement.


IF you have had a 13 year old daughter, you will understand
what I am talking about.


IF you WILL HAVE a 13 year old daughter at some point during your life and have yet to actually "live" this experience...God Bless You.


IF the Good Lord saw fit to bless you with all sons...then you will just have to live vicariously through me.


This particular 13 year old was mad at me all weekend. I was getting the "silent treatment" and while I guess I should have enjoyed a few days relief from her constant chatter, I actually missed her voice buzzing in my ear.


The "reason" WHY she was mad is of no consequence really, let's just say she is opposed to one of our family rules that supposedly "every other family in the ENTIRE WORLD" does not have. Nuff said?


Bright and early Monday morning after she had gone to school (mind you, this is after 48 hours plus of no communication from her to me) I got the first text:



Grace to my phone: "The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear."


Me: to myself....did she send that to the wrong person?


An hour later, Grace to my phone again: "Buddy the Elf-what's your favorite color?"


Me: Purple


The next hour: "I love your dress, it's so PURPLE-Y."


Me: 3 texts, this can't be a mistake 3 times right? Maybe she loves me again?


The next hour: "We elves try to stick to the 4 main food groups...Candy, Candy Corns, Candy Canes and Syrup."


Me: Yup, she loves me again.


The NEXT hour: "I'm sorry I ruined your life and crammed 11 cookies into the VCR" ...She then went on to apologize for the past few days and said "I am sorry for being a 'cotton headed ninny-muggins'."


Me: apology accepted!


Grace, one last text at the end of the day: "I think you're really beautiful and I feel really warm when I'm around you and my tongue swells up."


Me: ha ha


Her, one last LAST text: "Have you seen these toilets? They're GINORMOUS!"


Me: forgiven and forgotten!


I told her that was the cutest, most creative and clever apology I have ever received in my lifetime.



It made having a 13 year old daughter who didn't speak to me for 2 days worth it....


Now I only have to survive this for how many more teen years?


Couple that with the fact I have 2 more daughters behind her to go....


Pray for me people, pray for me!




No comments: